There are plenty of great reasons why you need a fire pit but, the most important reason is that you simply want it. Breezy summer nights create the perfect atmosphere for a cozy fire roaring in the background. A well built fire pit provides a safe surrounding that allows you to enjoy the comforts. A custom built fire pit creates visual appeal to any backyard patio. It provides a gathering place for lasting conversations and making smores!
While you are planning out your perfect patio design, consider how a fire pit will enhance your area. While fire pits are always a crowd pleaser, if not built correctly they can be more of a danger than an enjoyable piece. Contact us to discuss the best options and designs for your custom fire pit.
Few fire pit safety tips
- Stay clear of surrounding or overhanging trees.
- Be aware of the distance between your home or any other structures. A good rule of thumb is to have at least 10 feet distance.
- Don’t build a fire larger than the contained area.
- Keep water or an extinguisher close by, just in case.
- Don’t leave the fire unattended. When you are done, put it out.
- Be cautious of no burn days, if it’s extra dry or in a drought you’ll want to hold off on starting a fire.
- Educate anyone using the fire pit of safety and best practices to safely enjoy the feature.